Monday, April 21, 2008

Cross Stitch Gallery: Part One


I am five rows away from finishing an afghan that I've been working on for the past 3 months so I think this week I'm going to be devoting more time to actually crocheting rather than writing about crochet. In place of that, I thought I'd use Cthulhu Crochet and Cousins to show off a few of my cross stitch projects this week. Specifically the ones that I've managed to get framed. There are lots of finished ones, but most of them still have yet to be framed.

Teresa Wentzler is by far my favourite cross stitch designer. Her patterns are so intricate and beautiful. This one is entitled Dragon Ride and it originally appeared in the September 1999 issue of Stitcher's World. Nearly all the colours in this piece are a blend that you make by holding two different coloured strands of embroidery floss together. There are glass beads in the stitched frame of the picture which I attached with very thin, clear fishing line. The rider is stitched in petit point which means all stitches in his body are 1/4 the size of the normal stitches in the piece. This is done so that you can see him in more detail even though he's a smaller element of the overall picture.

1 comment:

Geek Central Station said...

That is amazing! You have an incredible amount of patience. They are really detailed. I can't wait to see the rest!