Thursday, October 23, 2008

Potato the Squirrel - Dressed for Halloween! Cute Thing of the Week!

There's no way I could let Halloween go by without a nod to Glee's Potato Squirrel, all dressed up for Halloween. I've been in awe of these critters since I first saw them on Craftster many, many months ago. They are one of my inspirations for getting into this whole world of amigurumi in the first place. Just don't ask me to pick a favourite because I really can't decide, they're just too cute. Many months ago I invented this pirate variation for a friend and right now I'm making the ghost squirrel, but I don't think I'll have it done in time for Halloween. Oh well, I'll just add it to my growing collection of unusual Christmas decorations.

Want the Pattern?

The Halloween costumes are an ad-on, (Dare I say, expansion pack?) for Glee's original Potato the Squirrel pattern which is sold through her online shop as a pdf file. The original Potato the Squirrel pattern is $4.50 US and the Halloween variations are $2.50 for the set. If you want to make the Halloween versions you'll need to buy both patterns since the basic body shape instructions aren't included with the Halloween instructions.

3 comments:

Maria Amélia said...

Very nice. I loved this Squirrel.

Gerbil Knitting said...

They are so adorable! Do you have a knit pattern for those?

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Just found your blog and I can't believe you made all these things! Awesome!