Sunday, January 4, 2009

Welcoming More Cousins!

I've got two new cousins to welcome to the family this weekend, including our first ever Browncoat cousin. Ladyserephina is the proud creator of this little Jayne Cthulhu and as Becky pointed out on the comment's thread, "A deity who wears that hat isn't afraid of anything!"

The second new cousin comes from Tiffany . She followed the Tiny Cthulhu pattern as well, but hers came out a little differently. It was made with a F size hook and sport weight yarn. As Tiffany explains, "He came out so skinny, I decided to add legs to get him semi sitting, also added another line to the wings."

Even if he did come out a little different I think he looks great. I have to admit he does remind me a little bit of Futurama's Dr. Zoidberg though. Is anyone else seeing that? I think maybe it's the eyes and the straight tentacles.



Thanks again to everyone who has taken the time to send me pictures of the things they're making or inspired to make from my patterns. It's great to see them getting used. Now I have to go check my wool collection to see if I have the right colours to make a Browncoat hat for one of my own Cthulhus. Happy crocheting everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww the first one looks soo cute with a pompom hat! )

The Fair Weather Optimist said...

Hi Amber! I love your tutorials!!!! I made one of your tiny Cthulhu (new cousin, YAY!!!!) and talked about it over on my blog. You have made my husband sooo happy. It's not too often you can give your husband a god as a present! LOL!!! Thank you so much for your awesome tutorial!